Location: Royston, Hertfordshire
Duration: 4 months
Client: KIA Mantles
Aleron Contractors were awarded contract to construct new extensions and undertake a complete refurbishment of a car showroom for KIA Mantles in Royston. Acting as a principal contractor for the development, Aleron provided full construction of the scheme with a tight yet effective programme to achieve the client’s requirements and specific KIA corporate identity standards.
A critical objective identified within the brief was to ensure minimal disruption to the fully operational business. Operational issues were resolved promptly and effectively due to an excellent working relationship with the dealer principal, continuous liaison, and isolation of working areas with hoardings and dust screens for protection.
- Extensive set of construction, refurbishment and exterior works – all completed on time and within the budget
- Refurbishment works performed in live environment - showroom renovation and fit-out completed with the minimum disruption. The client has reported record sales levels during two months of the project.
- Quality-targeted project management ensured the work was carried out as quickly as possible, to the highest standards required by the Client and KIA head office
- The new showroom boasts 1020 sqft of additional car display space, a new ceramic tiled floor, improved vehicle access, specialist trunking, air conditioning and new glass partition offices, signage and displays.
- Designer lighting installations featuring latest LED lighting technology
This was a challenging project that required professional management of complex construction and fit-out works in a live environment. Aleron has since been asked to carry out more work at the dealership.
“We were introduced to Aleron through our architects and from the first impression when they came to see us, we liked them. We liked what they were saying, we liked the price, and rather than using the big company we used before, we should try a smaller firm which has a very personal approach.
Aleron delivered the project extremely well, they worked with us, they communicated with our staff at all times and made it very easy for us to continue to do business.
All-in-all it was a quite reasonably pleasant experience. Very positive outcome indeed. Nice people to do business with“
John Mantle, Director
KIA Mantles, Royston